Go Gaga Experiential inaugurated the Zuri Awards in 2017 to recognize and support exceptional women who are dedicated to:
1. Creating positive change through work in their communities.
2. Inspiring other women through exceptional displays of leadership;
3. Rising against all odds and being courageous in the face of adversity.
4. Changing lives of their communities in the various segments of the market.
We have seen a steady growth of 300% on the nomination applicants from 2017 to 2019. The key success to this has been the numerous activities and partnerships that have been forged to reach out to nominees from all parts of the country who are running different projects that are making a difference in our communities.
Zuri Awards has been able to highlight the key successes of both nominees and honourees through a call for nomination, photography and video sessions, public exhibition of their work, digital story telling and above the line highlight of stories in the media.
The awards have led to a positive publicity of the nominees and honourees in their respective sphere of influence hence enhancing the expansion of their projects and their exceptional competencies.
Due to the consistent growth of Zuri Awards, we have increased the numbers of awards from 4 to 14 showcasing more women making a difference in the various segments of the market. There will be a series of awareness activities that will be carried out culminating to the 4th edition of the Zuri Awards Gala Dinner on the 6th March 2020
- Zuri Awards is a platform celebrating outstanding women who are changing the lives of our Kenyan communities through their work and is hosted during International Women’s Day (IWD).
- Zuri Awards objectives are in line with the 5th Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) on Gender Equality and will take place on the 6thMarch 2020.
- IWD is a global day which takes place every 8th of March and has occurred for well over a century. The objective is to celebrate the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women and the day also marks a call to action for accelerating gender parity.
- Through a call for nomination we gather stories of women making a difference in our communities.
- Digital stories and offline campaigns of the nominees highlights the stories giving voice to the voiceless.
- Help create a gender equal world by actively choosing to broaden perceptions, improve situations and celebrate women’s achievements.
- Encourage Corporates and Visionary Leaders to mentor the women and/or adopt their projects thus motivating them and others to continue making a difference.
- The award ceremony recognizes and celebrates the women who win those categories.